- New feature. The voltmeter’s voltage values can be converted into user-defined units. In particular, the accumulated value can be displayed.
- This is useful if e.g. the amount of air shall be calculated in the case the flow rate is measured by a real sensor via the analog EasyPort.
- Bugfix. Description of a transparent model film has been corrected.
- Bugfix. Files that were saved with administrator rights could sometimes not be opened by standard users under Windows Vista/7.
Version 4.5c from May 15, 2012
- Better representation of GRAFCET formulas within mirrored objects.
- New feature. DXF export now also includes tables and lists.
- Bugfix. Cancellation of update procedure could result in an incomplete installation.
Version 4.5b from March 29, 2012
- Bugfix. Resolves an issue with an USB timing problem in connection with the EasyPort.
Version 4.5a from March 14, 2012
- Bugfix. Solves a problem with empty GRAFCET assignations.
- Compatibility. An adaptation to software deployment systems has been made.
Version 4.5 from November 25, 2011
- Compatibility. Several adaptations to Windows 7 have been made.
- New feature. The analog EasyPort is supported.
- New feature. The hydraulics version provides transparent model films.
- New feature. Units of quantity values are considered for the log files of state diagrams.
- Bugfix. Fixes a value overflow in state diagrams.
- Bugfix. Resolves a current path numbering problem.
- Bugfix. Blanks in project paths could cause problems in some cases.
- Several symbols have been revised.
- Bugfix. Some printer drivers printed out unwanted page copies.
Version 4.2p from February 19, 2010
- Bugfix. Tooltips showed incorrect delay time values for pneumatic timer components.
- Bugfix. FluidSIM could crash if EasyPorts could not be initialized due to blocked COM ports.
- Bugfix. Labels containing special characters could lead to a crash.
- Bugfix. A rare simulation problem has been resolved.
- New feature. The context menu now contains mirror functions.
Version 4.2o from August 18, 2009
- Bugfix. Some syntactical incorrect GRAFCET expressions could cause a program crash.
Version 4.2n from July 20, 2009
- New feature. The pneumatics version provides two new components:
- Pneumatic timer, normally closed
- Pneumatic timer, normally open
- Bugfix. Some didactics slides have been corrected.
- New feature. Contains a new folder with updated sample circuits
Version 4.2m from April 24, 2009
- New feature. When the control points of a state diagram lead to an overflow, previous values are dropped so that always the most current values are displayed.
Version 4.2l from March 12, 2009
- New feature. The displacement encoder can be set up with a decreasing voltage range (left border value > right border value).
- New feature. Electrical lines that are under current are represented more clearly.
- Compatibility. Sensors that are actuated in idle position are represented with an arrow and open contact.
- Bugfix. Labels containing special characters could lead to an error.
- Bugfix. Solves a problem in the GRAFCET simulation.
- Bugfix. The quick exhaust valve’s component description has been corrected.
- Compatibility. The symbol of the two pressure valve has been updated.
- Bugfix. The terminal assignment diagram was incomplete in rare cases.
Version 4.2k from May 14, 2008
- Bugfix. The calculation of cylinder chamber volumes has been corrected.
- Compatibility. Some more adoptions to the new EasyPorts have been made.
- Compatibility. Fixes a file storing problem on some network drives.
- Bugfix. The line definitions within exported DXF files are now valid.
- Bugfix. Setting up the hydraulic resistance caused an error message on non-European Windows versions.
Version 4.2i from January 9, 2008
- Bugfix. The condition of an “action on event” was evaluated only once in a given situation. Thus, the action was not executed anymore, when its condition turned true subsequently.
- Bugfix. A hyperlink to the component descriptions has been corrected.
- Bugfix. A dialog text was not translated correctly.
Version 4.2h from December 12, 2007
- New feature. Closer in electrical circuits that are actuated in initial position are now displayed as opener (and vice versa).
- Compatibility. The baud rate for serial communication has been adopted to the new EasyPort.
- Compatibility. FluidSIM Input and Output components are now set to “EzOPC.2” as default.
- Bugfix. Solves a problem when connecting GRAFCET-IO components with the Logic Module.
- The maximum string length for GRAFCET actions and transitions has been increased.
- Bugfix. Sometimes incorrect text input of GRAFCET actions was not detected reliably.
- Bugfix. The units in cylinder’s property dialog were not displayed correctly in some cases.
- New feature. The unit for cylinder velocity can now be switched from m/s to in/s and ft/s, respectively.
- Bugfix. Some hyperlinks to the component descriptions have been corrected.
Version 4.2d from October 8, 2007
- New feature. A warning pops up when invalid label names in GRAFCET I/O components are detected.
- New feature. The activating enclosing step’s names for partial GRAFCETs are now displayed already in edit mode.
- Bugfix. Transition names have not been displayed correctly in some cases.
- Some sample circuits have been updated.
- Bugfix. Input and output connections of GRAFCETs have sometimes been assigned incorrectly.
Version 4.2 from September 19, 2007
- New feature. FluidSIM now provides elements for drawing and simulating GRAFCET diagrams.
- Bugfix. Corrects a unit error in the tutorial pages.
- Bugfix. The minimum switching voltage of valve solenoids has been corrected. Thus, two solenoids in a series connection are no longer able to switch over their corresponding valves.
- Bugfix. Corrects a text alignment error in FluidSIM’s printout.
Version 4.0g from February 2, 2007
- Bugfix. The connection of pressure switch symbols did not work correctly in rare cases.
- Compatibility. FluidSIM’s online-help is now in CHM format since Windows Vista does not longer support HLP files.
- Bugfix. Corrects some of the tutorial pages.
- Bugfix. Shortcuts in electrical systems were sometimes not detected correctly.
- New feature. When switching to the next topic of a presentation, the tree view width now remains unchanged.
Version 4.0f from August 24, 2006
- Bugfix. New PCs sometimes had problems with the playback of educational films and animated sectional views respectively. The flash player plug-in interface has now been updated.
- New feature. A new magnetic actuation can now be assigned to configurable way valves as an additional mechanical operation mode.
- The descriptions of way valves within FluidSIM’s sample circuits have been revised.
Version 4.0e from July 7, 2006
- Bugfix. An error in connection with the setpoint value card has been corrected.
Version 4.0d from June 16, 2006
- Bugfix. An error in connection with the functional diagram editor has been corrected.
Version 4.0c from Mai 17, 2006
- New feature. The pneumatic pressure switch in its electrical representation can now be actuated by mouse click in the same way as proximity switches.
- Bugfix. The flow rate displayed in state diagrams have not been converted correctly from g/s into l/min.
- New feature. The state diagram’s ordinate axis is now printed with a lesser number of decimals. Thus, diagrams are displayed more clearly.
Version 4.0b from May 8, 2006
- Bugfix. An error occurred when simulating digital circuits with two digital modules connected to each other.
Version 4.0a from April 18, 2006
- Bugfix. The didactics topic  of the pneumatics version has been corrected.
- First release of FluidSIM 4 Hydraulics.
Version 4.0 from February 2, 2006
- First, official release of FluidSIM Version 4.